The educational program at St. Pius V School for pre-kindergarten through grade 8 will provide opportunities so that every student:
- will develop a personal relationship with God through daily life experiences and thereby develop the ability to interact with others and respect others' rights. They will know Catholic doctrine and be able to distinguish between right and wrong within the context of Christian values. They will be prepared to be responsible Christians in the community.
- will achieve the ability to read, comprehend, and express ideas and feelings through oral and written language. They will be able to think critically and assess situations independently and accurately. They will know about the impact of technology on communications and be prepared to use technology effectively to communicate.
- will attain a solid foundation in traditional math skills and develop the ability to recognize and solve quantitative problems in everyday situations. They will be able to use technology to solve mathematical problems.
- will acquire a solid foundation in the concepts, skills, and values of the natural and social sciences and technology. They will have an appreciation of the fine arts. They will know the importance of a healthy and fit body. They will have a repertoire of critical thinking, organizational, problem solving, research, and study skills pertinent to continued studies.
- will be prepared emotionally, intellectually, morally, and socially to make the transition from elementary school to high school. They will be able to apply acquired knowledge, skills, and values to new experiences in everyday life.
Please call the school office for a complete listing of course offerings and curricular syllabi.