Faculty and administration recognize the academic, social, spiritual, and cultural differences embodied in each student. We believe each child is special and capable of performing according to his/her individual abilities. In keeping with these beliefs, we work together to design and implement a curriculum that leads each child down successful pathways of learning.
The curriculum is designed around continuity, consistency, and the relationship between academic objectives and quality instruction. This comprehensive curriculum makes St. Pius V School a place where children find high expectations, a safe, healthy environment, and a warm, faith-filled atmosphere.
The educational program at St. Pius V School for pre-kindergarten through grade 8 will provide opportunities so that every student:
- will achieve the ability to read, comprehend, and express ideas and feelings through oral and written language. They will be able to think critically and assess situations independently and accurately. They will know about the impact of technology on communications and be prepared to use technology effectively to communicate.
- will attain a solid foundation in traditional math skills and develop the ability to recognize and solve quantitative problems in everyday situations.
- will acquire a solid foundation in the concepts, skills, and values of the natural and social sciences.
- will study the history of our country and world and the effects of history on modern-day society.
- will have an understanding of and appreciation for art, music, and literature.
- will know the importance of maintaining a healthy body and mind.
- will have a repertoire of critical thinking, organizational, problem-solving, research, and study skills pertinent to continued studies.
- will develop a personal relationship with God through daily life experiences and thereby develop the ability to interact with others and respect others' rights. They will know Catholic doctrine and be able to distinguish between right and wrong within the context of Christian values. They will be prepared to be responsible Christians in the community.
- will be prepared emotionally, intellectually, morally, and socially to make the transition from elementary school to high school. They will be able to apply acquired knowledge, skills, and values to new experiences in everyday life.
Please call the school office for a complete listing of course offerings and curricular syllabi.