Critical factors in the decision to hire a candidate include credentials for the posted position, references, and a successful interview. A candidate's belief statements about Catholicity are important considerations in the hiring process. The interview always includes an attempt to evaluate a candidate's skills, beliefs, and abilities related to the following:
* the mission of Catholic education
* content knowledge in relation to the school's program
* classroom management philosophy and skills
* willingness to work on a team and participate in ongoing professional development
* appreciation for the total child and the total program
Newly hired faculty members are expected to be familiar with technology and ways to integrate technology into the classroom. Ideas for classroom use have included Internet research, creating web samplers, using PowerPoint presentations, streaming videos, and instruction with the use of the SMARTBoard. Teachers need basic knowledge of Microsoft Office to complete a variety of routine tasks, and should be able to use online portals to input student records. Faculty members are encouraged to use computers and other technology to enhance planning, instruction, and communication.
Please send the completed application, a résumé, and a list of references to St. Pius V School at the address below.